December 11th 2021.
This seminar hosts Microstrategy CEO and bitcoin mega-bull Michael Saylor to discuss the correct strategies for buying, holding, and promoting bitcoin. Michael explains what he sees as increasing regulatory clarity around bitcoin and increasing risk around altcoins, which it is becoming clear are digital securities, while bitcoin is digital property. We discuss his views on the adoption of bitcoin as legal tender in El Salvador, and whether it presents bitcoin as more of a currency than a property, and what the global ramifications of this move are. Michael then explains the correct strategy and execution for acquiring bitcoin on debt without getting ruined; he also explains the correct bitcoin strategy for small businesses, and whether individual investors are better off buying bitcoin or mining it. Michael also discusses his views on whether we should think of bitcoin as digital property, digital gold, digital money, or digital energy. We also try to convince Michael to write a book with his ideas!
Do not miss this fantastic, hugely informative, and wide-ranging discussion!
- Congressional Memorandum “Digital Assets and the Future of Finance”
- Blockstream article on El Salvador’s volcano bond.
- CNBC article “Disney says its ‘primary focus’ for entertainment is streaming”
- Michael Saylor introduces “Saylor Strategy” (buying bitcoin with debt)
- Michael Saylor tweet about Tahini’s restaurant.
- Michael’s book The Mobile Wave
- Michael’s poll on the nature of bitcoin.
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.