July 15th 2021.
Saifedean’s interview on Power Hour, hosted by Alex Epstein, author of The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels, about how systematic government control–“fiat”–wreaks havoc in the realms, not just of currency, but of science, education, and energy.
- How government control in the realm of ideas is treated as benign but is in fact incredibly dangerous.
- The myth that leading universities such as Harvard, Yale, and Stanford are “private.”
- What freedom of scientific inquiry looks like, and how it gave birth to the modern world.
- Why much of today’s “modeling” would not exist in a free market.
- How the moral case for fossil fuels is taking hold in the Bitcoin community.