January 31st 2022.
In this episode, Saifedean talks to author and health coach P.D. Mangan about how to improve wellbeing and slow ageing through some simple diet and fitness practices. They discuss why humans have adapted to thrive on a meat-based and paleo diets, the flawed science used to support widely accepted government dietary guidelines, and why so many people fail in their attempts to lose weight, combat fatigue and improve their wellbeing. In the Q&A, P.D. answers questions on fasting, whether type II diabetes can be reversed and the environmental impact of monocrops.
- P.D.’s website
- P.D. on Twitter
- P.D.’s book Dumping Iron
- P.D.’s book Stop the Clock
- Critique of Ray Kurzweil’s views on diet on Quora.
- Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss
- Nina Teicholz’s book The Big Fat Surprise
- The Bitcoin Standard Podcast episode Government Funding of Science with Terence Kealey
- Annals of Internal Medicine Study: Unprocessed Red Meat and Processed Meat Consumption
- Overview of rapamycin on Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Arch Intern Med Nurses study: Physical Activity at Mid-Life in Relation to Successful Survival in Women at Age 70 Years and Older
- P.D. article in the journal Ageing: Iron: an underrated factor in aging
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.
Visit saifedean.com/meat to find out more about Saifedean’s experience following the carnivore diet.